H.W. (“Bill”) Gwilliam. M.B.E.
1912 - 2002
Bill was a founder member and first President of the Worcestershire
Industrial Archaeology and Local History Society. He researched
and recorded the history of the City of Worcester and County of
Worcestershire and was awarded the MBE in 1998 in recognition
of his work
This bench was restored and placed in this Cathedral garden: one of his
favourite places, by the Society and his friends as a token of gratitude.
Worcestershire Industrial Archaeology and Local History Society
bench is an original cast by Hardy and Padmore. Worcester
in the late 19th century.
St Clements, Worcester, Worcestershire, West Midlands, England, United Kingdom